In order to be admitted to the South Bay Teacher Induction Program you must have the following:
- A Preliminary General Education Credential, and/or
- A Preliminary Education Specialist Credential, or
- A Variable Term Waiver
You must be employed by one of the following school districts:
- El Segundo Unified School District
- Hermosa Beach City School District
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District
- Redondo Beach Unified School District
- Wiseburn Unified School District
C. Charter and Private School Candidates
If you are employed by a charter or private school, you still need to have one or more of the following from Section A, above, and contact the Program Leader for admissions requirement.
D. Year 2 Candidates
If you are a Year 2 Candidate, you will need to provide a copy of your Year 1 Induction Coursework in the form of your Transition Plan.
Year 1 Candidates
If you are a brand new teacher, recently hired by one of our member school districts, and with a preliminary credential, please complete this 2019-2020 South Bay Consortium Year 1 Application to apply for the program.
Currently, your district pays for your induction program as long as you are employed with them.
If you are a private school candidate, there is $4,500.00 fee, per year for the program. This covers the cost of your mentor and program fees. Please contact the Consortium Office, directly to discuss participation opportunities.